– Votes are only counted using the Facebook Comments section below each video.
– To vote, write the name of the performer only, in the Comments section, and that performer will be awarded 2 points.
– You can split your vote, and put TWO names in the Comment section, and each performer will be awarded 1 point.
– The name of the performer appears onscreen at the beginning of their monologue and again at the end of their monologue. Use their name to vote in the Comments section below the video.
– You may only vote once per video.
– Please watch all the videos because you can vote once per video.
– Please do not judge the performers on how well they speak English. The majority of the performers learnt English as a second (or even third!) language! (This is not a competition on how well a person can speak English.)
3 videos are released on a Sunday, and voting ends on the following Saturday.
Drama monologues: Sunday 4 – Saturday 10
Comedy monologues: Sunday 11 – Saturday 17
Classical monologues: Sunday 18 – Saturday 24
Voting ends one week after release on a Saturday at 23:59. Any votes submitted after this time will be disregarded.
The judges panel is made up of entertainment-industry professionals:
Aleksandra Aleksander | Dorota Fórmanowska
Ewa Hornich | Grzegorz Kempinsky
Katarzyna Gryciuk Krzywda | Magda Szmyt
Mike Owerczuk | Phill Barron
Rafał Krus | Richard Holmes.
And representatives from these agencies:
Match & Spark | Roleplay Agency | Oxy Management.
The Monologue Slam was created to help combat the times we found ourselves in.
Theatre needs an audience, and we knew many people would be having a difficult time, and some would be isolated, so we wanted to find a way to bring people together.
The Monologue Slam was created to help provide a focus and offer inspiration.
But then we started thinking, how could we make it an even more valuable and exciting experience? So that’s when we approached professional people within the entertainment industry to not only be judges and offer feedback, but also donate some fantastic prizes! Some have offered 1-2-1 sessions for the winners, and some will even be offering a place in their agency!
So this competition is, in all aspects, of great value to everyone concerned.
People can do it from home; be seen by professionals operating within the industry; start their acting journey; plus judges can discover new talent!
Opportunities never thought imaginable are now within reach!
And that’s the Monologue Slam – making dreams come true.
Phill Barron | Katarzyna Gryciuk Krzywda | Grzegorz Kempinsky
Richard Holmes, Magda Szmyt, Mike Owerczuk
To discover more, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page: